Landmark Assistant Commissioner Position Announcement
The Landmark Conference, an NCAA Division III conference comprised of eight institutions located in the mid-Atlantic region, is accepting applications for the position of Assistant Commissioner. The position is full-time, 12 months, and reports directly to the Commissioner. The Assistant Commissioner will be based out of the conference office, which will be located at Goucher College in Baltimore, Md., following July 1, 2012.
The Assistant Commissioner will serve as the conference’s primary coordinator for media and public relations. He/she will interact on a daily basis not only with the public and the media but also with conference sports information directors, coaches, and athletic administrators. The assistant will also have other duties as assigned, including, but not limited to, the Landmark Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC), championships administration, and compliance.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Coordinate the public relations functions of the conference and handle all media requests.
- Oversight and maintenance of the conference website, including scheduled redesigns.
- Distribute conference news releases to member institutions and the appropriate media.
- Maintain conference records and statistics in each sport.
- Oversight of the conference’s annual awards program.
- Manage and continually build the conference’s social media presence.
- In cooperation with the championship host institution’s sports information director, prepare championship programs.
- Create an annual sport championship summary to include each sport’s final standings, championship results, individual statistical rankings and award recipients.
- Prepare an annual report to be presented to the athletics directors and the CEO’s.
- Represent the conference, when and where appropriate, at conference meetings, national events, media events, and conference and national championships.
- Perform other professional responsibilities as assigned by the Commissioner.
Bachelor’s degree with at least two years of experience in sports information, athletics administration, or related field required. Master’s degree in sport management, athletics administration, or related field, and experience in a Division III setting preferred.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. An excellent benefits package is available. Authorized travel expenses will be reimbursed.
START DATE: August 1, 2012
Application materials should include a cover letter addressing present responsibilities and qualifications, a current resume, a writing sample no longer than one page, and the names, titles, telephone numbers and email addresses for at least three references.
(If link does not work, try copying and pasting the address into your web browser)
THE LANDMARK CONFERENCE:
Founded in 2006, the Landmark Conference sponsors 20 championship sports. The Conference’s members include seven independent private colleges and universities and a federal academy. All of the institutions have a residential focus. Member institutions are committed to the centrality of the academic mission and the educational value of athletics. The Chief Executive Officers of the Landmark Conference are involved and in control of Intercollegiate Athletics.